The Lagos police arrested a 45-year-old man, who attracts the minors in his apartment used as an illegal blood bank in the area of Shomolu in Lagos, where he collects their blood and sells to hospitals.
It was found that at the end of each collection, Achibulu Paul would give the minors N2,000.
He was reportedly involved in the illegal act until last Saturday, when one of the minors had collapsed, after the suspect had collected six pints of blood from him.
Like yesterday, the 17-year-old victim was still unconscious in one of the hospitals in the Bariga area in Shomolu.
A preliminary investigation, according to the Lagos police command, revealed that the sick teenager had taken blood twice a week ago from the suspect.
The first collection of three pints of blood, as collected, was made last Monday. Five days later (last Saturday) the suspect would have collected another three pints of blood before the teenager fainted a few moments later.
The head of the Command, Imohimi Edgal, visited the suspect's illegal blood laboratory / laboratory, which also served as a residential apartment for his family, where seven pints of blood suspected of being picked up by minors were recovered.
When asked what he used the blood, the suspect said: "I sell it in hospitals and in many other laboratories for N7,000 a pint".
Subsequently, the suspect brought the police commissioner and other police officers to a hospital in the area where he claimed to have sold blood.
The police chief instructed the chief medical director of the hospital and other staff indicted to report to the headquarters of the command within 48 hours to declare his own version of the story.
Edgal also visited the hospital where one of the victims, who collapsed last Saturday, was admitted. However, the boy was unable to speak.
However, his mother, who expressed shock at the cause of her son's illness, explained, "My daughter received a phone call from one of her friends, who informed her that my son was seen in an unconsciousness. By motorbike.
"When I was informed, I rushed home, I found it in that state and I took it to the hospital."